Putting the Data into Predictive Analytics
- So, you’ve learned about the power of analytics and advanced analytics techniques, but are you getting the most out of your data?
- Are you struggling to match your data to the business problems you are trying to solve?
- Are you using the best data structures to drive your analytics models?
- Are you focusing on the most appropriate target metrics?
- Using examples from customer segmentation to sales forecasting, this course demystifies the techniques required to transform raw data into insight-filled data for driving your analytics solutions.
At Course Completion:
After completing the course delegates will be capable of creating data structures required to drive predictive analytics models. Delegates will have a full understanding of the sources of data used for analytics, how to perform exploratory data analysis, how to develop business concepts and design data metrics required for a business problem, and how to implement data metrics.
Who Should Attend:
This course is targeted at people who are familiar with analytics techniques and are involved in deploying analytics solutions in their organisations.
Delegates should be:
- Familiar with basic predictive analytics techniques (e.g. clustering, market basket analysis, regression models, decision tree models).
- Comfortable with basic statistical concepts and techniques.
- Comfortable with basic data manipulation tools such as spreadsheets and databases.
The course will explore the following topics through a series of lectures and workshops.
- What is predictive analytics?
- Data Mining project methodology
- Converting business questions into analytics questions
- Data structures for predictive analytics
- Understanding where data comes from in an organization
- Exploratory data analysis techniques
- Developing business concepts
- Designing data metrics
About The Analytics Store
The mission of The Analytics Store
is to help businesses to transform data into actionable insights. We strive to work with companies to use Advanced Analytics to drive intelligent business decisioning.
Through our training and consultancy The Analytics Store works with customers to improve the consistency of their decision making, using targeted analytics to enable decisions based on quantified costs, benefits and risks.
At The Analytics Store our experience covers a wide range of Statistical and Data Mining application areas with particular expertise in Risk Analytics, Fraud Analytics, Customer Insight Analytics and Quality Control.
You may also be interested in