Cancellation and Refund Policy
New Horizons Computer Learning Centres
Standard Terms and Conditions
Booking & Payment
- No bookings can be confirmed until the training contract has been duly signed and received by New Horizons.
- All Invoices are payable within 14 days after the signature date on the Order, or 14 days prior to the start of the course, whichever occurs first, or by the payment date stated on the order.
- When booking and confirming a Closed Class, Room Rental, or Client Site the names of all attendees must be received by New Horizons 24 Hours before the start of the class. Failure to do so will result in the course being cancelled and no refund being issued.
- Attendance on a course will be refused if full payment has not been received prior to the start of the course.
- Goods for purchase will be dispatched/available only after payment in full has been received.
- In breach of these conditions, interest will be charged from the due date of the invoice to the date of payment, at the rate of 2.5% per annum. and will be compounded monthly.
- All notifications from the customer must be received in writing.
- The designated periods for cancellation is dependent on the type of course or service as follows:
- Scheduled Course: Up to 14 days prior to the start of the course.
- Room Rentals/Closed Classes/Client Site Courses: Within 30 days after the signature date on the Order, or up to 30 days prior to the start of the course or service, whichever occurs first. Where a group of such courses have been booked, 30 days prior to the start of the course or service shall mean the start of the first course of the group of courses, and not the individual start dates of courses within the group.
- Club Members or Voucher Holders: 7 days prior to the start of the class.
- In the event of a cancellation by the customer, the following refunds will apply, except for Club Members and Voucher Holders: and only if full payment has been received.
- Notice received from the customer within the designated period: 50% refund
- Notice received from the customer outside the designated period: 0% refund
- There is no refund handling charge for payments using Laser, Cheque or Wire Transfer but unfortunately, due to Bank charges, there is a 4% handling charge on refunds of Credit Card payments.
- In the event of a cancellation, by the customer, within the designated period, where payment has not been received, the amount outstanding as per the above terms and conditions will be due by the customer.
- In the event of a cancellation of a course by a Club Member outside the designated period, a €50.00 cancellation fee will be charged. The €50.00 fee must be paid before taking any other class.
- In the event of a cancellation by a Voucher Holder outside the designated period, the Training Voucher(s) will be voided. The voided vouchers must be returned to New Horizons before taking any other class.
- Notification of any transfer must be made in writing and received by New Horizons within the designated period.
- In the event of a customer transferring a booking within the designated period, the following charges will apply:
- The first transfer will be made free of charge.
- The second transfer will be charged at €75.00, which must be paid prior to attendance.
- Subsequent transfers will be treated as cancellation and the full course fee will remain payable.
- Transfers made outside the designated period will be treated as cancellations.
- Club Memberships are valid until the expiry date listed on the card. The period of validity will start on the day of the first class or two months from date of invoice, whichever occurs first. New Club Membership Cards will be issued at renewal.
- Club Membership Cards must be presented at Reception when registering for any Club Membership courses. If the Club Membership Card cannot be produced, other proof of identity will be required in order to attend the course.
- Club Members may take any classes within their Club in the correct order. Classes outside the scope of a Club scheme may not be taken without paying separately, or joining the relevant Club Membership scheme.
- Club Members may repeat classes of the same version as often as required within the time span of the Club Membership, provided there is availability. No course manual or enrolment keys will be issued for any repeated course.
- Any course cancellations must be received in writing.
- Club Membership's cannot be cancelled after the date of acceptance on the contract, and are non-transferable.
- Each Voucher is valid for one complete half-day course, a one-day course, or two evening training sessions.
- Vouchers are valid from the date specified on each Voucher for the term specified on the Voucher, unless otherwise specified.
- Courses are offered on a first come first served basis, and seating is limited, therefore customers are urged to register for courses as soon as possible.
- If the class is full your delegates may be placed on the waiting list, you will be notified only if a cancellation occurs and a space becomes available.
- Voucher Holders must present the designated Voucher for validation at the start of the course. In the event that a Voucher Holder is unable to present the designated Voucher, entry to the course may be refused. If entry is possible, they will be required to sign a "Class Coupon Responsibility Statement" and be bound by its requirements to return the designated Voucher to New Horizons within 5 days, or be liable for the full course fee at the standard daily rate for the course.
- Voucher contracts cannot be cancelled after the date of acceptance on the contract, and are non-transferable.
Government Assisted Courses
- Payment must be made at least 14 days before the start of the course and must be accompanied with the relevant documentation.
- All delegates must arrive at New Horizons 30 minutes prior to the class start time to allow for registration. If delegates are more than 15 minutes late for the start of the class, their place may be reallocated. Any anticipated lateness should be notified via the New Horizons Enrolment Hotline. Delegates more than 30 minutes late will not be admitted to the class.
- All delegates must report to reception to be registered, on each day of training (this also includes multiple days of training).
- New Horizons reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any courses.
- All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT.
- Any delegate, who has attended a course, can repeat the same course within six months from the date of the course, at no additional charge, provided that they have already attended, and paid for, the class they wish to repeat and that there is availability. No course manual or enrolment keys will be issued for any repeated course. If the delegate does not attend the course or reschedules/cancels his/her place on the course with insufficient notice, as detailed in our cancellation terms, the free repeat privilege does not apply.
- During the terms of this Agreement and for one (1) year thereafter, the company or any persons within the organisation agrees not to directly or indirectly, entice or solicit any employee, consultant or trainer for any purpose whatsoever, whether for the trainer or clients mutual benefit or the benefit of a third party. The parties agree and acknowledge that the purpose of this restriction is to protect and safeguard either company's integrity and / or confidential information.
- The order signatory is booking on his or her own individual account, or is an authorised signatory of the company, or organisation, booking the course or service. In either case the signature given will form a legally binding agreement with New Horizons Computer Learning Centres.